5 Tips on How to Improve your Oral Health…
- Brush your teeth before your go to bed. Bacteria gathers on your teeth while you are sleeping, so brushing your teeth before you go to sleep at night will help protect you against plaque buildup, tooth decay and gum disease. A good rule of thumb is to brush your teeth every time after meals. Brushing twice a day just isn’t enough. The Vartanian Dental Group in Mission Viejo recommends that brush when you wake and go to bed, but also after every meal if possible.
- Switch to an Electric Toothbrush. We’ve talking about this one for months now. It’s been in our newsletter and mentioned in our blog. Switching to an electric toothbrush has many advantages over a manual toothbrush and is highly recommended from the Vartanian Dental Group in Mission Viejo. In Fact, The Vartanian Dental Group has a special on the Sonicare Platinum electric toothbrush. Regularly priced at $160, the Sonicare Platinum can be purchased for only $115 and the proceeds go to the Phelan-McDermid Syndrome Foundation, a charity very close to our heart, as Lola, the daughter of Dr Vartanian.
- Floss – I can’t tell you how important it is to floss. Flossing removes the food particles and plaque. If the food particles and plaque stay on the teeth, bacteria will build up and eventually turn into tartar if not treated immediately. For most people, flossing at night is enough, but for someone like me, who has had a lot of dental work over the years, this is the most important thing for me to keep my teeth and gums healthy. The doctor can always tell when I’ve been lazy on flossing; it’s a sure sign that problems will be coming soon if not worked on a daily basis. For me, I try to floss twice a day. It keeps my gums healthy!
- Rinse with mouthwash on a daily basis. I realize mouth wash isn’t cheap and we seem to go through it quickly, but here are a few suggestions on mouthwash and how to make it work for your family. Most mouth rinse products contain special ingredients that strengthen teeth and help treat certain oral health conditions. Using mouthwash rinse products before bedtime will help keep your teeth free of plaque and your gums free from gingivitis. We recommend getting 2oz mouthwash cups and fill those each time you use mouth wash. We find that measuring each cup and limiting it to only 2oz’s, will help the product last longer and help save you money!
- Schedule your regular appointment with the Vartanian Dental Group every 4 to 6 months to ensure proper Oral Health for your family. As I mentioned before, I have had a lot of dental work done over the past 25 years, so I see the dentist every 4 months. It keeps my teeth and gums healthy, it reminds me of what I am supposed to be doing everyday and I trust the professionals to keep me running in tip top shape and that includes my smile. They say a smile welcomes people and I love my smile. Schedule your appointment today with the Vartanian Dental Group in Mission Viejo Ca.